Friday, September 11, 2020

Is it an Arachnid?

We put on our scientist hats today and started to think like zoologists! 

"Why do spiders have fur?" L 

That was one of the many questions and observations shared in our classroom today, when a visitor offered us the opportunity to observe and wonder. In pre-k, we jump at the opportunity to explore the world around us. 

 

"Why was it stuck on the paper? Was it holding on to the paper?"  C



"Why does he have bumpy things on his head?" E 


"I think they are beautiful." C


"I wonder if that was a tarantula."  H
"I think the fur keeps their legs warm." H
"How do they walk so fast?" H


"I think black widows can make you sick or die. I do not think that is a black widow." J





It was, of course, respectfully released outside. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Science Lab

It's not at all a playground, it's a science lab!  The children helped pull shotweed, purple dead nettles, dandelions, and Californi...